Program is tentative and subject to change. Connect with our Customer Care Team by calling: (888) 230-6008 Mon.-Thur. from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
- Family Friendly
- Art & Culture
- Expert Scholar
- Food & Wine
ON THE WAY
Thu. Dec 21, 2023
- Depart the USA.
THE START OF A SPECIAL JOURNEY
Fri. Dec 22, 2023
- Arrival at Ben Gurion International Airport. Our representative will be on hand to assist with all formalities and ensure your journey has the smoothest of starts.
- Meet your tour educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration.
- Group transfer to Tel Aviv, also known as “the city that never sleeps.” A place of sun and fun, its centers of culture and history are complimented by great beaches, stores, and entertainment.
- Check into the hotel.
- Kabbalat Shabbat in Tel Aviv overlooking the beach.
- Blessings, Challah, and Friends: Friday night is the traditional highlight of the Jewish week and the Jewish stomach. Enjoy a Shabbat dinner at the hotel.
Overnight: Tel Aviv Meals: Shabbat Dinner
FOUNDATION OF THE CITY & STATE
Sat. Dec 23, 2023
- Breakfast at an Israeli hotel is an experience in itself. Start the day with a bounteous buffet.
- Experience the dynamism of Jewish life at the newly opened ANU - Museum of the Jewish People, dedicated to telling their story and representing their diversity, highlighting the creative works and cultural riches of a variety of communities in different periods of history until the present day.
- Enjoy lunch at the Sarona Market. Through the smells, flavors, and tastes of this renovated historical Templers town, explore the range of cuisine – from local street food to fine dining by world-renowned Israeli chefs.
- Visit the Jaffa Overlook for an introduction to Tel Aviv at the place where it all began.
- Visit the Ayalon Institute near Rehovot and its secret ammunition factory.
- Return to the hotel.
- Three Stars in the Israeli Sky: At nightfall, we will mark the end of a special Shabbat with a communal Havdallah ceremony.
- The City at Night: Tel Aviv’s food scene is on fire with world-class chefs and a huge range of happening restaurants. See and taste for yourself during a free evening with dinner. Afterwards, those who love the nightlife can sample the city’s bar, club and café culture or stroll along the refurbished promenade and port.
Overnight: Tel Aviv
INTO THE NORTH
Sun. Dec 24, 2023
- The State of the State of Israel: Talk with Professor Paul Liptz of Tel Aviv University and the Hebrew Union College about the key issues shaping Israeli society today. Find out whether the country is stronger than ever or splitting into separate “tribes. ”
- Check out of the hotel.
- Visit the Israeli Sports Center empowering children and youth with physical disabilities from all backgrounds.
- A Time to Glean: Pick your way to a better world as we join the volunteer organization Leket Israel for a hands-on Tikkun Olam opportunity. We'll harvest fruit and vegetables that will be donated to the needy.
- Visit the Zippori National Park, known for its extraordinary ancient mosaics and its central role in Jewish life after the destruction of the Temple. Visit the innovative Zippori National Park, Site of Rabbi Yehuda Hanassi’s codification of the Mishna and extraordinary ancient mosaics.
- ALL: Drive to the Upper Galilee and check into the hotel.
- Dinner at the hotel.
Overnight: Sea of Galilee Meals: Dinner
ADVENTURES IN THE NORTH
Mon. Dec 25, 2023
- Take a nature hike to the Suspended Trail above the spectacular canyon of the Banias Stream, at the foot of Mount Hermon.
- Take a jeep tour off-road up the Golan Heights in the footsteps of Israeli soldiers and their battles in the Six-Day War. Enjoy the beautiful natural scenery and gain an insight into the strategic complexity of the Golan.
- Visit a Druze village for a window into the unique world of the Israeli Druze community.
- The panoramic views from Mt. Bental (overlooking the abandoned Syrian town of Kuneitra) give sharp insights into Israel’s security situation on the Golan Heights, and the enormous challenges it faced in the 1973 Yom Kippur War, and the new threats from the north.
- OPTION 1: From Little Things, Great Things Grow: The Golan Heights is wine country. Sample some of its best at the Pelter Winery. Nir and Tal Pelter used to run this winery out of the backyard of their family farm. The brothers have proven their expertise since then, but the winery remains a boutique family affair. We're doing the driving, so you're welcome to treat yourself to Pelter's Israeli gin along with the grapes.
- OPTION 2: Comfort You Can Eat: Enjoy the culinary delights of a chocolate workshop at the De Karina Chocolate Factory on Kibbutz Ein Zivan. Chocolatier Karina Chepelinski continues her family's tradition of creating handmade premium chocolate. During this tour and workshop, taste various chocolates and learn what makes it so delicious. Then, experiment with quality ingredients to create your own chocolate masterpiece.
- ALL: Return to the hotel for dinner.
Overnight: Sea of Galilee Meals: Dinner
SPIRITUALITY AND MORE
Tue. Dec 26, 2023
- Check out of the hotel.
- Enter Tsfat. The combination of mysticism and art and beautiful mountain air makes Israel’s highest city other-worldly. The visit will include:
- Visit the Ari synagogue and share in the inspiration and innovation that moved Rabbi Isaac Luria (the Holy Ari) and his fellow mystics. In Tsfat they developed the Kabbalah, the esoteric insights of Judaism and created Kabbalat Shabbat, the prayers sung on Friday evenings to welcome the arrival of the Sabbath.
- Stroll the cobbled streets and alleyways to the Artists' Colony with its galleries, stores, and studios.
- Meet with artist David Friedman, a Tsfat artist inspired by Kabbalah in his studio, for an interactive window into the world of Kabbalah, art and questions of identity and Judaism.
- Kinneret Cemetery: Enter the world of the early Zionist pioneers and legendary personalities who were buried here: Rachel the Poetess, Zionist philosopher Ber Borochov, and songwriter Naomi Shemer.
- Drive southwards along the Jordan Valley.
- A First Look at the Holy City: Over the centuries, many have been moved and awed by their first sight of Jerusalem.
- We'll stop at Mount Scopus for a stunning overview of the city and celebrate our arrival with a special ceremony and the traditional “shehechiyanu” blessing of thanksgiving.
- Check into the hotel.
- Dinner (sponsored by Temple Sinai) will be at Piccolino, an intimate Italian restaurant in Jerusalem's historic city center. Known for its pastas, pizzas, and fish, Piccolino is located in a lovely building of Jerusalem stone and graceful arches that adds to the enjoyment.
Overnight: Jerusalem Meals: Dinner
MASADA AND THE DEAD SEA
Wed. Dec 27, 2023
- Enjoy an early breakfast at the hotel before setting out to explore the Dead Sea region.
- As Low as It Goes: We'll drive to the Dead Sea Basin, 1,412 feet below sea level and the lowest place on earth. The desert, the landscape, and the views are breathtaking.
- The Last Stand: Take the cable car to the top of Masada with its extraordinary views and fascinating archaeological remains. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is where Jewish rebels are believed to have made their final attempt to resist Roman invaders (c 74 CE). We'll learn about Masada's importance as a symbol of Jewish defense and discuss its influence on modern Israel.
- The Sea of Salt: Float into happiness at the Dead Sea. Not much can live or swim in what is the saltiest piece of water in the world, nine times saltier than the ocean, but the weightless feeling of floating is great fun.
- How Fast Can This Thing Go? The patriarch Abraham will welcome us to Genesis Land for a taste of life and travel in biblical times as we take a camel for a test drive and ride into the heart of the desert.
Overnight: Jerusalem Meals: Lunch
PASSAGES IN TIME
Thu. Dec 28, 2023
- B’nai Mitzvah Ceremony on the lawn of HUC or at a local synagogue. followed by light refreshments.
- Going Under, Going Deeper: Explore the Western Wall Tunnel, the underground continuation of the Kotel, and examine important archaeological discoveries that are revising our understanding of daily life in ancient Jerusalem.
- Take a walking tour through Jerusalem’s Old City and the Jewish Quarter and experience the center of Jewish life, history, and holiness. The highlights include:
- A walk along the rooftops that will provide an extraordinary scene of multi-faith Jerusalem. From this one spot, we will see the domes of three great religious landmarks: The Church of the Holy Sepulchre (marking where Jesus is believed to have been crucified); the Jewish Quarter’s Hurva synagogue; and the Dome of the Rock, one of Islam’s most sacred and beautiful sites.
- The Cardo, the main street of Roman-controlled Jerusalem and its spectacular Byzantine-era columns.
- King Hezekiah’s “Broad Wall”, a massive wall built to protect Jerusalem from invasion 2,700 years ago.
- Hurva Square, the center of modern-day life in the Jewish Quarter.
- Take a multi-cultural tasting journey through the hustle and bustle of Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda open-air market: Enjoy the sights, smells, tastes, and sounds of this vibrant area where Jerusalemites shop.
- When the Shutters Go Down: When the stalls close at night, a different sort of Jerusalem springs into life as the city’s hipsters come out to play and to paint. On this nighttime graffiti tour of the Mahane Yehuda Shuk (market), we’ll see portraits of local celebrities, from rabbis to rockstars, that have been painted on shop shutters and find out what they tell us about life, art, and ideology in the Holy City.
SEARCHING FOR JEWISH ROOTS
Fri. Dec 29, 2023
- Visit Yad Vashem, the national memorial to the six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust, an essential emotional and educational experience. Your guided tour will include:
- The Avenue of the Righteous, where trees symbolic of the renewal of life have been planted along with plaques honoring brave non-Jews who saved Jews during the Shoah.
- The Historical Museum, a state-of-the-art interactive display reflecting decades of research and educational expertise. The story of the Holocaust, with an emphasis on individual victims, is told through survivor testimonies, original artifacts, and personal possessions saved from the ghettos and camps.
- The Children’s Memorial, commemorating the 1.5 million children lost during the Holocaust.
- ALL: Return to the hotel to prepare for Shabbat.
- Kabbalat Shabbat service at Kehillat Mevasseret Zion, followed by communal Shabbat dinner.
Overnight: Jerusalem Meals: Dinner
SHABBAT IN JERUSALEM
Sat. Dec 30, 2023
- Yemin Moshe and Mishkenot Sha'ananim: Get to know the great banker and philanthropist Sir Moses Montefiore as you explore the pastoral neighborhoods, famous windmill and the artists’ colony that he developed and which transformed Jerusalem in the nineteenth century. En route, view two of modern Jerusalem’s most storied and important landmarks: the King David Hotel and the YMCA building.
- Ascend the Old City Ramparts for a stroll along its ancient walls.
- Enter the Tower of David Museum for a walk through the city’s history – with observation points, an animated film, and visual and audio-visual aids – from the time of Abraham to the end of the British Mandate over Palestine.
- Return to the hotel for a late check-out.
- Farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
- Transfer to Ben Gurion Airport.
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
Sun. Dec 31, 2023
- Return to the USA.
RATES & LODGING
Cost p/p in double room
Cost p/p in single room
Child As 3rd (Reduction)
What to expect
- 8 nights' accommodations. Late check out on the day of departure is included.
- 9 days of touring with a tour educator (guide), 8 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- 1 Group arrival transfer & assistance at the airport.
- 1 Group departure transfer & assistance at the airport.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 6 dinners.
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the airport & hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected]
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- Please use the following information: Citizens Bank: 1 Citizens Drive, Riverside, RI 02915 Routing number: 021313103 (Domestic only) ACH: 036076150 SWIFT Code: CTZIUS33 (International only)
- Beneficiary Instructions: For the benefit of J² Adventures. Account number: 1001858331
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Please refer to the small print tab on your trip’s webpage or in your proposal for your cancelation policy and fees.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.