Join us for the 2024 Cincinnati Community Mission to Israel! Generous subsidies of $4,000 per person, up to a maximum of $12,000 per family, are available thanks to the Jewish Foundation of Cincinnati.
J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
An unforgettable trip awaits! Our community will take a transformative journey to Israel from July 7-16, 2024 and we are inviting you to participate!
Your $500 per person deposit is fully refundable till Sept. 1, 2023.
Once you have registered for the trip, you can also register for the extension to Petra in Jordan. Click here for details.
- Art & Culture
- Current Affairs
- Expert Scholar
- Food & Wine
- Local Specialists
- Nature Walks
- Social Justice
- Special Access
- Depart on your flight to Israel.
- Arrive at Ben-Gurion International Airport.
- Check-in to your hotel (check-in time is generally from 3:00pm).
- Relax from the journey by walking along the promenade to the port of Tel Aviv.
- Opening session & welcome dinner with the tour educator & leaders.
- Walk along the Independence Trail in Tel Aviv and embark on a remarkable journey that begins with the founding of Tel Aviv in 1909 and ends with the establishment of Israel in 1948.
- Visit Trumpeldor Cemetery, where the great thinkers and founders of the first Zionist city are buried.
- Visit Jaffa and learn about it's significance as a cradle of diversity and hub of international contact through the ages.
- Meet with Sufi Sheikh Ghassan Manasra. Join Ihab and Orah Ballah in Jaffa and learn about their peace building work.
- This evening we participate in a festive dinner together with everyone on the Cincinnati Community Mission.
- Check out of hotel.
- Visit Caesarea, one of the Land of Israel's most important cities during the Roman Period.
- Continue to a village on Mount Carmel and meet Israel’s Druze community.
- Capernaum on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, and Mount of Beatitudes are two of the most significant sites for Christianity in the Galilee.
- Check into the hotel.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Check-out of the hotel and depart for Jerusalem.
- Visit Kibbutz Gesher on the Jordanian border and descend to the Jordan River bank.
- Drive south through the Jordan Valley.
- Enter Jerusalem after pausing for a beautiful overview at the Mount of Olives.
- Join the Temple Mount Sifting Project in the historic Kidron Valley; a live dig reclaiming remains from the Temple Mount/Haram Al-Sharif.
- Check-in to your Jerusalem hotel.
- Free time to explore the city.
- Visit the Garden Tomb and Gethsemane outside Jerusalem’s Old City.
- Tour Jerusalem’s Old City and the Jewish Quarter, including the Cardo, the main street of Roman-controlled Jerusalem and its Byzantine-era columns.
- King Hezekiah’s “Broad Wall,” built to protect Jerusalem from invasion 2,700 years ago.
- Hurva Square, the center of modern-day life in the Jewish Quarter.
- Visit the Kotel (Western Wall).
- Discover multiple faiths in the Old City, including the Via Dolorosa, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Festive Shabbat dinner at a Jerusalem restaurant.
- Take the cable car to the top of Masada, where Jewish rebels are believed to have made their final attempt to resist Roman invaders (c 74 CE).
- Float on the Dead Sea.
- Visit Qumran, where the Dead Sea Sect established a community and the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Lights! Action! Jerusalem! Watch the Night Spectacular at the Tower of David Museum. The walls of the Citadel serve as the stage forthis cinematic celebration of sight and sound depicting the story of Jerusalem, OR Explore the Western Wall Tunnel, the underground continuation of the Kotel, and examine important archaeological discoveries that are revising our understanding of daily life in ancient Jerusalem.
- Visit the Temple Mount, also known as Haram Al-Sharif, and see the al-Aqsa Mosque and the stunning, golden Dome of the Rock.
- Yad Vashem, the national memorial to the six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust is an essential emotional and educational experience. Your tour will include:
- The Avenue of the Righteous, where trees symbolic of the renewal of life have been planted along with plaques honoring brave non-Jews who saved Jews during the Shoah.
- The Historical Museum, a state-of-the-art interactive display reflecting decades of research and educational expertise. The story of the Holocaust, with an emphasis on individual victims, is told through survivor testimonies, original artifacts, and personal possessions saved from the ghettos and camps.
- The Children’s Memorial, commemorating the 1.5 million children lost during the Holocaust.
- A memorial service where we will pay tribute to those who were lost. It will include the opportunity to talk about family members and loved ones who died during the Shoah.
- Experience the Mahane Yehuda open-air market and have a tasty lunch.
- This evening we participate in a festive dinner together with everyone on the Cincinnati Community Mission.
- Where are we and where are we going? A conversation with Ambassador of the United States to Israel - Thomas R. Nides.
- Meeting with President of Israel - Isaac Herzog at his official residence.
- Take a ride on Jerusalem's light rail and experience the mosaic of the Jerusalem population. As we travel through Jerusalem's diverse neighborhoods, including those populated by Haredim and Arabs, we'll note the difference between East and West Jerusalem and the ongoing struggles between the city's different communities.
- Free time.
- Check out of your hotel before a festive farewell dinner.
- Group transfer to Ben Gurion International Airport to check in for your departure flights to the US.
- Arrive back in the U.S.
RATES & LODGING
$5,345 Cost per person sharing a room as third.
Cost of accommodations for pre & post nights including breakfast and all taxes:
-PRE Tel Aviv: Hilton $565,- per night per double occupancy room, $545,- per night per single occupancy room, $630,- per night per double occupancy room with child as third.
-POST Jerusalem: $400,- per night per double occupancy room, $385,- per night per single occupancy room, $440,- per night per double occupancy room with child as third.
The night of July 15 is not included. If you would like to reserve the full night (with check out on July 16) a charge of $160, per room will apply.
*All rates are subject to availability. Registration open
What to expect
- 7 nights' accommodations. Late check out at 6:00 p.m. on the day of departure is included.
- 8 days of touring with a tour educator (guide), 7 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches & 4 dinners (plus 2 Community Dinner Events).
- The J² adventures App available on the App Store & on Google Play (active 7 days before your departure and throughout your trip).
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A $500 per person deposit is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable after September 1st, 2023.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made after September 1, 2023 incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Please refer to the small print tab on your trip’s webpage or in your proposal for your cancelation policy and fees.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.