J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
Coming to Israel today is a special act of solidarity and of Jewish peoplehood. Israel has never faced more challenging times. We hope that your solidarity mission is about encountering and understanding where the people of Israel stand – in our hurt, in our healing, and in our hope. The mission is about bringing comfort and being comforted. It is an act of empathy and a confirmation of shared memory and destiny. Above all, the solidarity mission is about what each one of us chooses to do to make a difference on the day that we return to our communities from Israel.
Once you have registered for the trip, you can also register for the extension. Click here for details.
The current pricing is structured for a minimum of 10 fully paying participants. However, if we reach 15 participants or more, there will be a reduction of $550 in the package price.
- Depart the US.
- Arrive at Ben-Gurion International Airport.
- Check into the hotel.
- Starting point in the Inbal Hotel lobby at 5:30 PM where you would meet your J² Expert Educator.
- Welcome dinner with a Professor Reuven Hazan for an introduction into Israel's turbulent political scene who will provide a briefing about the latest developments in the region.
- Dialogue with Anna Kislanski, CEO of the Israeli Reform Movement (IMPJ).
- Travel to Tel Aviv.
- Volunteer at the Expo Hamal. The Command Center has been critical in providing services for displaced people, soldiers, and affected families.
- Walk around Kikar hahatufim (Hostage Square) and learn about the art installations, as part of the initiatives of the headquarters of the families of the abducted and missing in order to return them from the captivity of Hamas.
- Continue to the Marcus blood bank in Ramle, Magen David Adom's (MDA) national center.
- Spend time with Lee Seigel, brother of Keith who is still being held hostage, sister in law Aviva was released after 51 days. Hear their stories and learn about the work they are doing every day to ensure the safe return of their loved ones.
- Debrief of the day.
- Meet with a representative from the Israel Trauma Coalition and understand how their work is crucial in these times.
- Accompanied by Michal Zur, the Greater MetroWest Federation Israel representative, walk through the town of Ofakim with members of the community. Ofakim, a quiet desert community of about 30,000 people, was the site of fierce, prolonged fighting during Hamas's surprise attacks on Oct. 7.
- Lunch at a local restaurant (included).
- Agriculturally volunteering around Ofakim in order to provide fresh produce for the community.
- Travel to a the Gilat intersection near Ofakim in the Western Negev. In quieter times, it is a dull intersection. Following Seventh of October, volunteers have transformed the crossroads into and became Israel’s largest refreshment station for soldiers moving in and out of the Gaza. Another excellent example of Israeli civilian resilience and a rare opportunity to hear the stories of our IDF soldiers.
- T’filah at HUC.
- Dialogue with journalist about recent events.
- Visit a hospital and spend time with wounded soldiers and hear from the staff.
- Sacred Moment, Sacred Place: Stop at the Kotel (Western Wall) for a moment of prayer.
- Debrief and closing words.
- Late checkout of the hotel.
- Farewell dinner and closing remarks.
- Arrive back in the US.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 3 nights' accommodations. Late check out until 6:00 pm on Feb 15 is included.
- 4 days of touring with a J² Expert Educator (guide), 4 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 2 dinners.
- The J² adventures App available on the App Store & on Google Play (active 7 days before your departure and throughout your trip).
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- Late check out past 6:00 pm on Feb 15.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Peace of Mind Travel Protection Program (POM).
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Mobility: Solidarity missions are specifically strenuous, and our visits include places that are inaccessible to people who may have mobility challenges. You should be in good health and able to walk reasonable distances, often over unpaved and uneven surfaces. PLEASE NOTE: In some cases you may need to run to a shelter, if you have questions regarding this matter please speak to a J² representative.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.