J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
Coming to Israel today is a special act of solidarity and of Jewish peoplehood. Israel has never faced more challenging times. We hope that your solidarity mission is about encountering and understanding where the people of Israel stand – in our hurt, in our healing, and in our hope. The mission is about bringing comfort and being comforted. It is an act of empathy and a confirmation of shared memory and destiny. Above all, the solidarity mission is about what each one of us chooses to do to make a difference on the day that we return to our communities from Israel.
- Social Justice
- Current Affairs
- Special Access
- Arrive at Ben-Gurion International Airport.
- Check into the hotel.
- Meet your J² Expert Educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration.
- Welcome dinner with a local expert who will provide a briefing about the latest developments in the region.
- Meet with Sharon Kangisser, Holocaust historian, to discuss how Yom Hashoah has become part of the Israeli ethos. She will dive into the power of memory and memorialization historically and even more so today.
- Visit the National Library to explore the work being done on preserving testimonies throughout Israel's history.
- Spend the afternoon volunteering with Latet packing food for the Holocaust survivor community they work with. Latet is the largest NGO combating poverty and food insecurity in Israel.
- Join Professor Reuven Hazan of the Political Science Department at Hebrew University for an update on the current political situation.
- Visit Mount Herzl for the daily ceremony to mark the Yarzheit of those who fell on this day.
- During this difficult time, Israeli farmers need your help more than ever. Many farmers were drafted into the reserves or lost their farmhands for a variety of reasons. As a result, their produce is being left in the fields to rot. Volunteer with Leket Israel and help Israeli farmers during their time of crisis.
- Return to Jerusalem.
- Volunteer with Sar-El at an army base, take on logistical roles necessary to fill the void of the over 350,000 Israelis serving in the IDF and reserves. Sar-El: The National Project for Volunteers for Israel, is a non-profit organization that allows American Volunteers to come to Israel and serve logistical roles in the Israel Defense Forces.
- Meet with Orly Erez-Likhovski, the Executive Director of the Israel Religious Action Center (IRAC), the Reform Movement's center for legal advocacy and public policy in Israel, as she explains the work that the IRAC has been doing since October 7.
- Check out of the hotel.
- Drive to Ramle and visit Magen David Adom's new, state-of-the-art Marcus National Blood Services Center. Conclude the visit with a blood drive.
- Visit Yad Mordechai, a kibbutz founded in 1936, and meet with a community member to hear the challenges they faced living in the Gaza Envelope from early years. Lunch enroute.
- Meet with Chen Kotler Abrahams, who has been speaking for years about her community in Kfar Aza. Learn from her how her community has been impacted since the events of October 7. Chen is also the former Director of Development & Overseas Relations of Israel's Reform movement.
- Farewell dinner.
- Transfer to Ben-Gurion International Airport for your flight back.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 4 nights' accommodations.
- 5 days of touring with a J² Expert Educator (guide), 5 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 2 dinners.
- The J² adventures App available on the App Store & on Google Play (active 7 days before your departure and throughout your trip).
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Peace of Mind Travel Protection Program (POM).
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Mobility: Solidarity missions are specifically strenuous, and our visits include places that are inaccessible to people who may have mobility challenges. You should be in good health and able to walk reasonable distances, often over unpaved and uneven surfaces. PLEASE NOTE: In some cases you may need to run to a shelter, if you have questions regarding this matter please speak to a J² representative.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.