J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
- Nature Walks
- Art & Culture
- UNESCO Heritage Sites
- Local Specialists
- Home Hospitality
- Street Food
- Depart the US.
- Arrival at Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Meet your tour educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration.
- On the way north, pause at the Ancient Roman Aqueduct, located on the pristine beaches of Caesarea.
- Check into the hotel, followed by dinner.
- Enjoy the overlook on the Haifa Bay from the Baha’i Gardens - an internationally renowned religious center and horticultural wonder.
- Explore the capitol of Jewish mysticism - Tsfat, where you will:
- Visit the Ari Synagogue.
- See the Caro Synagogue, built originally, like the Ari Synagogue, in the 16th century.
- Walk through the Artists’ Colony.
- Return to the hotel to prepare for Shabbat.
- Celebrate shabbat together with a local congregation at the Leo Baeck Center for Kabbalat Shabbat and home hospitality.
- Shabbat Shalom.
- Encounter the Christian Crusaders and their Muslim rivals at Akko (Acre). Our visit will include: the Crusader Fortress and Underground Compound, as well as the El Jazzar Mosque - one of Israel's most important Muslim sites.
- Travel across the Galilee area with it's Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and Druze connections.
- We'll gaze across the Golan and into Syria from the top of Mount Bental and gain powerful insights into Israel's geopolitical and security situation.
- Return to Haifa for Havdalah. Shavua Tov. For a glorious new week!
- Enjoy an evening out on your own to explore Haifa and it's diverse cultural and culinary offerings.
- Check out from your hotel and begin your journey towards Jerusalem.
- Visit the Kinneret Village and Cemetery where Israel's pioneering story began along the shore of the Sea of Galilee.
- Nahalal is Israel’s first moshav. We'll see the village’s secret weapons hideaway used during the 1948 War of Independence. Lunch will be at the home of local residents.
- Drive to Jerusalem along the historic roads where the scattered armored vehicles tell the story of the siege of Jerusalem and the 1948 War of Independence.
- Welcome to Jerusalem, stopping at the Haas Promenade for a traditional “shehechiyanu” blessing of thanksgiving.
- Check in at your hotel.
- Explore the City of David, the core of ancient Jerusalem.
- Enter the Old City from the Dung Gate.
- Climb to the Old City's rooftops and look out over the golden Dome of the Rock, and the Jewish Quarter.
- Walk through the Jewish Quarter including the Hurva Synagogue, the biblical Broad Wall, and the Roman-Byzantine Cardo.
- Visit the Kotel (Western Wall), widely considered Judaism’s holiest site. We’ll discuss the wall’s historical and contemporary importance and experience its unique atmosphere.
- Explore the Western Wall Tunnel, the underground continuation of the Kotel, and examine important archaeological discoveries that are revising our understanding of daily life in ancient Jerusalem.
Visit the Jerusalem Archaeological Park, including the Herodian Street, Robinson’s Arch, Remnants of the Roman destruction of Jerusalem, and Azrat Yisrael - the pluralistic prayer site along the Southern area of the Western Wall.
- Join Pantry Packers, where we'll pack food for Israel’s poorest families and adding our hands to the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
- Early departure to explore the wonders of the Dead Sea Basin and the Judaean Desert.
- Take the cable car to the top of Masada, where you will meet the stories of the Jewish rebels believed to have made their final stand against the Roman occupation (c 74 CE).
- Walk through the oasis of Ein Gedi and visit the stunning ancient synagogue whose mosaic floor presents a riddle about the secrets of this wealthy and ancient desert town.
- Float into happiness on the Dead Sea where the feeling of weightlessness is great fun.
- As you return to Jerusalem, stop at Mount Scopus to see the dramatic view onto both the desert and the Jerusalem vista including the Old City and the Temple Mount.
- J² Salon Talk: A Time to Remember and a Time to Forget. Memory is a key part of Jewish identity. But aren’t some parts of history better left forgotten? We’ll be hearing from a variety of voices - Bob Marley, Yehuda Amihai, Rabbi Nahman, and Elie Wiesel – to talk about the role of remembering and forgetting in Jewish life.
- Visit Yad Vashem, the national memorial to the six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust. Your guided tour will include: the historical museum, the memorial and sculpture gardens, and the Path of the Righteous Gentiles.
- Experience the sights, smells, and tastes of Jerusalem while walking through the Mahane Yehuda open-air market.
- Visit the buildings of the National Insitutions that laid the path for the state on the way, and meet with Yaron Shavit - a leading professional and activist about his family story, his work at the Jewish Agency, and the key role that Progressive congregations can play in keeping Israel Jewish and Democratic.
- Head out and get to know the neighborhoods and streets of Jerusalem. Enjoy dinner on your own and bring back pics and stories for friends and family.
- Check out from your hotel and begin your journey to Tel Aviv.
- Visit the Ayalon Institute near Rehovot and its secret ammunition factory - an important but little-known story of the 1948 Independence War.
- Stop at the Jaffa lookout for an introduction to Tel Aviv and Jaffa through the ages.
- Walk through Jaffa's famous Flea Market – “Shuk Hapishpeshim.”
- Visit the home of Doris Hiffawi to hear about her life as a Christian Arab in Jaffa. Coffee, tea, and Middle Eastern pastry will be served.
- Check in to your Tel Aviv hotel.
- Experience the dynamism of Jewish life at the newly-opened ANU Museum of the Jewish People, dedicated to telling their story and representing their diversity, highlighting the creative works and cultural riches of a variety of communities in different periods of history until the present day.
- Return to the hotel to check out.
- Stroll through the Carmel Market and the Nahalat Binyamin art and craft market.
- Kabbalat Shabbat and dinner with your congregation. Shabbat Shalom!
- Depart for Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Returning to the U.S.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 8 nights' accommodations.
- 9 days of touring with a J² Expert Educator (guide), 9 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 3 dinners.
- The J² adventures App available on the App Store & on Google Play (active 7 days before your departure and throughout your trip).
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Late check out on the day of departure.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Peace of Mind Travel Protection Program (POM).
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.