J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
- Family Friendly
- Home Hospitality
- Social Justice
- Art & Culture
- Current Affairs
- Cooking Workshop
- Food Tasting Tour
- Nature Walks
- Food & Wine
- Depart Canada.
- Arrive at Ben-Gurion International Airport.
- Meet your tour educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration.
- Spend the day in the Biblical Landscape reserve, Neot Kedumim, with:
- Lunch at Abraham’s Tent.
- Tree-planting ceremony.
- Stop at Park Canada for a group photo.
- Stop at the Jaffa Overlook for an introduction to Tel Aviv and to our journey in Israel.
- Check into your Tel Aviv hotel.
- Kabbalat shabbat on the beach and a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
- Tour Rothschild Boulevard from Tel Aviv's earliest days to its contemporary status as one of the world's most dynamic cities.
- Join a scavenger hunt in Neve Zedek, one of Tel Aviv’s oldest neighborhoods.
Discover why Tel Aviv is the LGBTQ capital of the Middle East with a Rainbow Tour through the city. During the tour, we'll explore the Gayville of past and present as we check out some of Tel Aviv's historical and modern pink spots. Find out about leaders in Tel Aviv's LGBTQA movement and see what the life of an Israeli same-sex family is like.
- Experience the dynamism of Jewish life at the newly-opened ANU Museum of the Jewish People, dedicated to telling their story and representing their diversity, highlighting the creative works and cultural riches of a variety of communities in different periods of history until the present day.
- Enjoy time at the Sarona Market, which was once a colony of Templars, German Christian pilgrims to the Holy Land, but is now a center of Tel Aviv cuisine.
- Havdalah overlooking the water.
- Check out from your Tel Aviv hotel.
- Guided visit to the ancient city of Caesarea - a wonder of the ancient world hugging the Mediterranean.
- Walk through the 2,000-year-old water tunnel at Park Alona, the water source for ancient Caesarea.
- Visit the Hula Nature Reserve, home to thousands of storks, cranes, pelicans, and flamingos. Enjoy bike-riding and golf-carting.
- Stop at Kiriyat Shmona for a visit and meet Rabbi Orit Rosenblit for some insights about the relationship between Periphery and Center in Israel.
- Check into your kibbutz hotel.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- We'll gaze across the Golan and into Syria from the top of Mount Bental and gain powerful insights into Israel's geopolitical and security situation.
- Visit Beit Canada and Enjoy Sports activities.
Enjoy a hike in the beautiful Tel Dan Nature Reserve.
- Go on an off-road jeep tour of the far north and the border with Lebanon.
- Visit the Odem Mountain Winery at the foot of Mt. Hermon on the Golan Heights for wine tasting.
- For families with children - Visit the Odem Freedom Farm and Animal Rescue Center and learn about the center's unique rehabilitation work with a variety of animals.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Check out of the hotel.
- Family water hike in the Majrase Nature Reserve by the Sea of Galilee.
Spend time in Tsfat, where you will explore Jewish mysticism.
- Welcome to Jerusalem. Stop at the Haas Promenade for a traditional “shehechiyanu” blessing of thanksgiving.
- Check in at your Jerusalem hotel.
- Free Evening in Jerusalem on Ben-Yehuda pedestrian mall or Emek Refaim Street in the German Colony.
- Adults: Meet with a leader from IRAC (Religious Action Center) to learn about social justice initiatives in Israel.
- Kids: Enjoy photo opportunities at Live the Bible.
- Visit the Jerusalem Archaeological Park, including the Davidson Center and Robinson’s Arch. Stand on the stairs that were the entrances to the Temple of Jerusalem two thousand years ago.
- Tour Jerusalem's Old City including the Jewish and Christian Quarter's including a rooftop view of the holy cities most sacred sites.
- Explore the Western Wall Tunnel, the underground continuation of the Kotel, and examine important archaeological discoveries that are revising our understanding of daily life in ancient Jerusalem.
- Visit Mitzilot Hamzon talk about food waste and participate in a cooking workshop using salvaged food.
- Take the cable car to the top of Masada, where Jewish rebels are believed to have made their final attempt to resist Roman invaders (c 74 CE).
- Float into happiness on the Dead Sea where the feeling of weightlessness is great fun.
- Ride a camel into the heart of the desert.
- Enjoy hospitality in a desert tent and share a traditional “hafla” dinner.
- Return to Jerusalem.
- Adults and children over 10: Visit Yad Vashem - the central memorial and educational site commemorating the Holocaust and it's ongoing impact on the Jewish world and the State of Israel.
- For families with children: Take part in a scavenger hunt in Jerusalem’s Biblical Zoo.
- Experience the sights, smells, and tastes of Jerusalem while preparing for shabbat at the Mahane Yehuda open-air market.
- Shabbat Shalom. Kabbalat Shabbat services at Kehillat Mevasseret in Mevasseret Zion and home hospitality dinner.
- Return to the hotel.
- On this day an optional tour to Bethlehem at additional cost for those interested.
- Tour the Tower of David Museum and explore the city's history – from the time of Abraham to the end of the British Mandate over Palestine.
- Stop in the town of Abu Gosh, the hummus mecca of Israel.
- Take part in an interactive archeological dig geared to all ages at the Beit Guvrin Caves.
- Return to Jerusalem.
- Festive farewell dinner.
- Check out of the hotel.
- Transfer to Ben Gurion International Airport and check in for your flight.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 9 nights' accommodations.
- 9 days of touring with a tour educator (guide), in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast & 6 dinners.
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Day Trip to Bethlehem :+$480 per person (Based on minimum 5 guests)
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Peace of Mind Travel Protection Program (POM).
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.