J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
- Art & Culture
- Expert Scholar
- Food & Wine
- Local Specialists
- Nature Walks
- Depart the US.
- 9:20 AM: UA819 Group Arrival transfer - Our representative will be there to welcome you and assist with group transfer.
- 12:30 P.M. Meet at the hotel lobby.
- Lunch on own
- 2:00 P.M depart the hotel to enjoy a guided tour of Buenos Aires, including:
- Avenida de Mayo that runs into the Plaza De Mayo, which is surrounded by the Casa Rosada (Government House).
- The Metropolitan Cathedral and the Cabildo (first City Hall, built during Spanish rule).
- The Congress Building, located at the other end of Avenida de Mayo.
- The Puerto Madero area, one of the largest projects ever undertaken in Buenos Aires.
- The former docks of the port have been converted into luminous offices, lofts, and commercial sites
- Tour the colorful La Boca neighborhood. Stroll along "Caminito" and admire the streets filled with souvenir shops and tango dancers.
- Check into the hotel (rooms will be available as of 3:00 pm).
- 7:15 P.M. Welcome dinner at Piegari.
- 8:30 A.M. Meet the Hon. US Ambassador Marc Stanley.
- Discover the Norther Disctricts of Buenos Aires.
- 12:30 P.M. Explore Palermo Soho and enjoy a wine tasting & cheese pairing tour.
- 4:00 P.M. Enjoy a special visit to MALBA, the Latin American Art Museum of Buenos Aires, which houses the works of many well-known Latin American artists.
- Stop at El Ateneo Grand Splendid one of the most beautifulbookshop in the world.
- Join in the vibrant Buenos Aires Carnival celebrations as Murga dancers perform throughout the colorful streets.
- Return to the hotel.
- 9:00 A.M. Depart for a day-trip to Tigre, a popular weekend gateway on the outskirts of the city, very popular amongst the Jewish community of Buenos Aires. The Tigre Delta is one of the most attractive areas for visitors due to its rivers, streams, and numerous green islands.
- Discover the Club Hacoaj for an opportunity to learn more about Argentinian Jewry – past, present, and future – and meet with members of the community.
- Lunch on own.
- Take a cruise along the channels of the Parana-Delta to enjoy the lush scenery.
- Explore the street where Adolf Eichmann resided after World War II and where he was eventually captured.
- Return to the hotel
- 7:30 P.M. Enjoy Dinner at Glitter.
- 5:00 A.M. Check out of the hotel and transfer to the international airport for your flight at 8:15AM AR1732 to Puerto Iguazu landing at 10:05AM.
- Depart Buenos Aires and arrive in Iguazu, home to one of the world’s widest waterfalls.
- 12:00 P.M. Enjoy lunch at Aqva.
- Connect with nature during a guided tour of the Iguazu Biocenter and learn about the native and exotic flora and fauna of the region. The tour will take you on an enchanting and colorful journey through the aquarium, serpentarium, and butterfly and orchid gardens.
- Return to the hotel
- 8:00 A.M. Depart the hotel to board a gas-propelled train at the Main Station to the Upper Falls circuit and the Argentinian side of the Devil’s Throat (Garganta del Diablo).
- Walk along the Iguazú River Canyon, via the lower circuit and the upper circuit, to gain a better appreciation of the flora and fauna of the sub-tropical jungle, and the many surrounding falls.
- Drive through the National Park. Walk along the paths and take in the lush vegetation, butterflies, and cascades. Enjoy the amazing panoramic view of the Devil's Throat, overlooking Argentina's iconic sites, including the Two Sisters and Bozzeti waterfalls, the Superior Circuit and San Martin Island, where the movie "The Mission" was filmed.
- 1:00 P.M. Enjoy lunch at El Fortin.
- Continue on all terrain trucks through the jungle in the humid subtropical forest to the edge of the banks of the Iguazu River. Enjoy the thrill and bring an extra set of clothes as you will get wet by Iguazu Falls Boat Ride.
- Return to the hotel.
- 8:35 A.M. Check out of the hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight AR1733 10:35 A.M.
- 12:50 P.M. Arrive in Buenos Aires.
- 2:00 P.M Tikkun Olam: Meet the Director of Social Programs Marcela Szuchman & Volunteer at the Community Medicine Bank Refuot, a central pharmacy, a facility that centralizes the purchase of medicines for all the beneficiaries in the Jewish community’s welfare system.
- Check into your hotel and freshen up for Shabbat.
- 5:30 P.M. Visit the US Embassy.
- 7:00 P.M. Kabbalat Shabbat services at Amijai Synagogue Led by Rabbi Alejandro Avruj.
- 9:00 P.M. Shabbat dinner with the local community.
- Return to the hotel.
- Morning at leisure.
- Enjoy a walking tour of the Recoleta area, one of the city’s most glamorous spots and home to elegant boutiques, excellent restaurants, and the cemetery where Eva Perón (Evita) is buried.
- Lunch on own.
- Stop at the Israeli Embassy Memorial, which was bombed on March 17, 1992. Twenty-nine people lost their lives in the tragedy.
- 4:00 P.M. Argentina is the birthplace of the tango. Led by a professional tango dancer, you will learn to tango like a local while hearing about the history of the dance and the role it plays in everyday life.
- Mark the end of Shabbat with Havdalah.
- 9:00 P.M. Enjoy Dinner at Al Galope.
- 10:0- A.M. Walk through San Telmo's Sunday lively market in the oldest neighborhood of Buenos Aires.
- Visit Puerto Madero.
- Lunch on own.
- 3:00 P.M. Visit the Teatro Colón, the main opera house in Buenos Aires. The theater is ranked the third best opera house in the world by National Geographic and is acoustically considered to be amongst the five best concert venues in the world.
- 4:00 P.M Visit the Holocaust Museum of Buenos Aires
- 7:15 P.M. The Argentine Experience is a unique dining experience. You will learn about Argentine culture, taste fantastic local dishes, drink exceptional wine,
- 8:00 A.M. Explore the “Once District,” a neighborhood that houses the majority of Jewish institutions in Buenos Aires, including the Hebraica JCC, numerous synagogues, Jewish theaters, Jewish schools, and rabbinical seminaries.
- Stop at the site of the terrorist bombing at the AMIA in 1994, see the new building, as well as the memorial dedicated to the 89 victims.
- Explore the Jewish Museum at Libertad Synagogue, the Grand Synagogue of Buenos Aires.
- 1:00 P.M. Farewell lunch at Cucina Donore.
- 4:00 PM Meet with the Deputy Ambassador of Israel Adam Levene
- Late checkout from the hotel by 6:00 PM.
- 8:00 P.M. Group departure transfer to Buenos Aires International Airport for flight UA832 departing at 11:55 P.M. back to the US.
- Welcome home! We are thrilled you experienced this journey to Argentina with us.
RATES & LODGING
Deluxe Fall View $90
Red Fall view $450 Registration closed
What to expect
- 8 nights' accommodations. Late check out on the day of departure is included until 6:00 PM.
- 9 days of touring with a Jewish educator and local guides, in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- 1 group arrival transfer on February 11th.
- 1 group departure transfer on February 19th.
- Daily breakfast, 4 lunches & 4 dinners.
- Gratuities for the Jewish educator, local guide and driver.
- Flight from Buenos Aires to Iguazu and return.
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- The J² adventures App available on the App Store & on Google Play (active 7 days before your departure and throughout your trip).
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Argentina.
- Individual transfer
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit of $1800 is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 120 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 120 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 119 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Please refer to the small print tab on your trip’s webpage or in your proposal for your cancelation policy and fees.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.