J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
- Art & Culture
- Cooking Workshop
- Nature Walks
- Food & Wine
- Home Hospitality
- Local Specialists
- Family Friendly
- Jeep Tour
- Arrive to Israel.
- Check into the hotel.
- Meet your tour educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration and depart for Old City.
- Bar Mitzvah service at Ezrat Israel, the pluralistic section of the Kotel (Western Wall).
- Visit the Jerusalem Archaeological Park, including the Davidson Center and Robinson’s Arch.
- Take a walking tour through Jerusalem’s Old City and the Jewish Quarter and experience the center of Jewish life, history, and holiness. Among the highlights will be:
- A walk along the rooftops will provide an extraordinary scene of multi-faith Jerusalem. From this one spot, we will see the domes of three great religious landmarks:
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre (marking where Jesus is believed to have been crucified).
- The Jewish Quarter’s Hurva synagogue.
- And the Dome of the Rock, one of Islam’s most sacred and beautiful sites.
- The Cardo, the main street of Roman-controlled Jerusalem and its spectacular Byzantine-era columns.
- King Hezekiah’s “Broad Wall”, a massive wall built to protect Jerusalem from invasion 2,700 years ago.
- Return to the hotel.
- Optional visit to the Israel Museum, housing more than 5,000 years of cultural treasures.
- Participate in an Israeli cooking workshop – including a shopping excursion at The Mahane Yehuda market. Enjoy the results for dinner.
- Descend to the Dead Sea basin.
- Take the cable car to the top of Masada, where Jewish rebels are believed to have made their final attempt to resist Roman invaders (c 74 CE).
- Float into happiness on the Dead Sea where the feeling of weightlessness is great fun.
- Ride a camel into the heart of the desert and bake pita.
- Enjoy hospitality in a desert tent and share a traditional “hafla” dinner.
- Return to Jerusalem.
- Check out of the hotel.
- Take part in an interactive archeological dig geared to all ages at the Beit Guvrin Caves.
- Drive north on the Trans-Israel Highway and see the Security Barrier.
- Spend time in Tsfat, where you will:
- Meet with artist Sheva Chaya in her studio.
- Visit the Ari Synagogue.
- See the Caro Synagogue, built originally, like the Ari Synagogue, in the 16th century.
- Walk through the Artists’ Colony.
- Drive to the hotel, check in and have Dinner.
- Check out of the hotel.
- We'll gaze across the Golan and into Syria from the top of Mount Bental and gain powerful insights into Israel's geopolitical and security situation.
- Go for a jeep tour of the Golan Heights.
- Wine tasting at a local boutique winery.
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee.
- Drive back to central Israel; dispersal in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
- Say goodbye to your tour educator and enjoy the rest of your time in Israel.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 4 nights' accommodations.
- 4 days of touring with a tour educator (guide), in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast & 3 dinners.
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Group arrival and departure transfer & assistance at the airport.
- Entertainment and specials décor for Bar Mitzvah Celebration Dinner.
- Rabbi fee for conducting Bar Mitzvah ceremony.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Peace of Mind Travel Protection Program (POM).
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.