Join us for the 2024 Cincinnati Community Mission to Israel! Generous subsidies of $4,000 per person, up to a maximum of $12,000 per family, are available thanks to the Jewish Foundation of Cincinnati.
J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
An unforgettable trip awaits! Our community will take a transformative journey to Israel from July 7-16, 2024 and we are inviting you to participate!
Your $500 per person deposit is fully refundable till Sept. 1, 2023.
Once you have registered for the trip, you can also register for the extension to Petra in Jordan. Click here for details.
- Art & Culture
- Current Affairs
- Expert Scholar
- Food & Wine
- Local Specialists
- Nature Walks
- Social Justice
- Special Access
- Depart on your flight to Israel.
- Arrive at Ben-Gurion International Airport.
- Check-in to your hotel.
- Opening session & welcome dinner with the tour educator & leaders.
- A Light to the Nations. Meeting with IsraAID, an organization providing disaster relief aid around the globe.
- From Hebrew City to Hebrew State: Walk along the Independence Trail in Tel Aviv and embark on a remarkable journey that begins with the founding of Tel Aviv in 1909 and ends with the establishment of Israel in 1948.
- Experience the dynamism of Jewish life at the newly opened ANU Museum of the Jewish People, dedicated to telling their story and representing their diversity, highlighting the creative works and cultural riches of a variety of communities in different periods of history until the present day.
- This evening we participate in a festive dinner together with everyone on the Cincinnati Community Mission.
- Beginnings: Modern Tel Aviv grew out of ancient Jaffa. Gaze out over the Mediterranean Sea; learn why Jaffa, mentioned in the biblical story of Jonah and the Whale, is so historically important; and see how its Old City reflects the present as well as the past.
- Peace and Prosperity? The Peres Center for Peace and Innovation was created by the late Shimon Peres, former Prime Minister and President of Israel, to develop peace building programs based on innovation and optimism. The Innovation Center celebrates the people and companies that are making Israel the "innovation nation."
- Explore the Old City of Jaffa, including the flea market – Shuk Hapishpishim.
- Join the volunteer organization Leket and help sort and pack fruits and vegetables for those in need.
- The City at Night: Tel Aviv’s food scene is on fire with world-class chefs and a huge range of happening restaurants. Enjoy a free evening with dinner on your own. Afterwards, those who love the nightlife can sample the city’s bar, club and café culture or stroll along the refurbished promenade and port.
- Check-out of the hotel and depart north.
- Visit the family-owned Tishbi Winery located in Binyamina for a tour and wine tasting.
- Continue east to the scenic Mt. Gilboa range for vistas of the Biblical landscape, and the security fence along the Green Line.
- Visit the Beit She’an National Park, one of Israel’s largest archaeological sites, with its archaeological mound and excavated Roman-Byzantine city.
- Drive south through the Jordan Valley.
- Pause on entering Jerusalem to recite the “shehechiyanu” blessing of thanksgiving.
- Check-in to your Jerusalem hotel.
- Explore the Jerusalem Archaeological Park, including the Davidson Center, Robinson’s Arch and the Southern Wall steps where Jewish pilgrims entered the Temple Mount 2,000 years ago.
- Proceed to the Old City and begin by stopping at the Kotel (Western Wall) to experience the special atmosphere of this holy site.
- Continue with a walking tour through the Jewish Quarter for visits to archaeological treasures and other highlights, among them:
- The Cardo, the main street of Jerusalem in the 6th century.
- King Hezekiah’s First Temple-period “Broad Wall”.
- Hurva Square, the central square of the Jewish Quarter.
- Explore the City of David, the core of ancient Jerusalem, and learn how the city was administered during the First Temple period. Our visit will include: Archaeological discoveries illustrating how the wealthy and powerful lived in ancient Jerusalem. With a local guide explore the excavations at the City of David, the very core of ancient Jerusalem, view the Gihon Spring and wade through the 2,700-year-old water tunnel of King Hezekiah.
- Welcoming the Sabbath with Kabbalat Shabbat services at a local Masorati congregation.
- Festive Shabbat dinner.
- "Shul hopping" to local synagogues with Rabbi Ferro.
- Explore the streets of Jerusalem on Shabbat through the eyes and words of its poets and authors, including Yehuda Amichai and S.Y. Agnon.
- Lunch at the hotel.
- Free time or explore the Israel Museum, housing more than 5,000 years of cultural treasures.
- Three Stars in the Israeli Sky: At nightfall, we will mark the end of a special Shabbat with a communal Havdallah ceremony.
- Lights! Action! Jerusalem! Watch the Night Spectacular at the Tower of David Museum. The walls of the Citadel serve as the stage forthis cinematic celebration of sight and sound depicting the story of Jerusalem.
- Visit the Mamilla pedestrian arcade, a very contemporary shopping area with a whiff of the past, located outside the Jaffa Gate of the Old City; dinner on own.
- Preparing for Yad Vashem with a renowned Holocaust educator and scholar.
- Visit Yad Vashem, the national memorial to the six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust, an essential emotional and educational experience.
Option 1: Your tour will include:
- The Avenue of the Righteous, where trees symbolic of the renewal of life have been planted along with plaques honoring brave non-Jews who saved Jews during the Shoah.
- The Historical Museum, a state-of-the-art interactive display reflecting decades of research and educational expertise. The story of the Holocaust, with an emphasis on individual victims, is told through survivor testimonies, original artifacts, and personal possessions saved from the ghettos and camps.
- The Children’s Memorial, commemorating the 1.5 million children lost during the Holocaust.
- Includes the Valley of Communities, the archives, the art museum and more.
- A memorial service where we will pay tribute to those who were lost.
- Option 1: Your tour will include:
- Experience the Machane Yehuda open-air market.
- Visit the Knesset with members of the Jewish Pluralism Watch founded by the Israeli Masorati Movement.
- This evening we participate in a festive dinner together with everyone on the Cincinnati Community Mission.
- Where are we and where are we going? A conversation with Ambassador of the United States to Israel - Thomas R. Nides.
- Meeting with President of Israel - Isaac Herzog at his official residence.
- Encounter with students and teachers from the Ma’aleh Film School, where we will learn about Israeli society through the prism of film.
- Help disabled children celebrate their Bnai Mitzvah through a Tikkun Olam activity with the Masorti (Conservative) Movement in Israel. Learn how to tie tzitzit (tassles) which will be thread into the talitot (prayer shawls) worn by young Jews with disabilities as they are called to the Torah.
- Free time.
- Check out of your hotel before a festive farewell dinner.
- Arrive back in the US.
RATES & LODGING
$5,345 Cost per person sharing a room as third.
Cost of accommodations for pre & post nights including breakfast and all taxes:
-PRE Tel Aviv: Hilton $565,- per night per double occupancy room, $545,- per night per single occupancy room, $630,- per night per double occupancy room with child as third.
-POST Jerusalem: $400,- per night per double occupancy room, $385,- per night per single occupancy room, $440,- per night per double occupancy room with child as third.
The night of July 15 is not included. If you would like to reserve the full night (with check out on July 16) a charge of $160, per room will apply.
*All rates are subject to availability. Registration open
What to expect
- 7 nights' accommodations. Late check out at 6:00 p.m. on the day of departure is included.
- 8 days of touring with a tour educator (guide), 7 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 3 dinners (plus 2 Community Dinner Events).
- The J² adventures App available on the App Store & on Google Play (active 7 days before your departure and throughout your trip).
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the airport & hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Please refer to the small print tab on your trip’s webpage or in your proposal for your cancelation policy and fees.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.