J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
- Art & Culture
- Food & Wine
- Home Hospitality
- Local Specialists
- Jeep Tour
- Rafting & Kayaking
- Social Justice
- Depart the USA.
- Check into the hotel.
- Meet your tour educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration.
- Enjoy a welcome dinner and orientation at a local restaurant.
- Visit the Ayalon Institute near Rehovot for an eye-opening tour of a clandestine munitions factory used during the British Mandate.
- Explore the Old City of Jaffa and ascend from the old port through the renovated alleyways to the Jaffa Overlook for an introduction to Tel Aviv at the place where it all began.
- Experience the dynamism of Jewish life at the newly-opened ANU Museum of the Jewish People, dedicated to telling their story and representing their diversity, highlighting the creative works and cultural riches of a variety of communities in different periods of history until the present day.
- Enjoy a free afternoon at the Tel Aviv beach or the hotel pool.
- Check out of the hotel and depart Tel Aviv, heading north.
- Visit the Zippori National Park, known for its extraordinary ancient mosaics and its central role in Jewish life after the destruction of the Temple.
- Visit Rish Lakish Olive Press, located on Moshav Zippori in the Galilee, for a hands-on family experience.
- Drive to the Galilee and check into the kibbutz hotel:
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Enjoy an evening tour of the kibbutz with your tour educator.
- Enjoy a hike in the beautiful Tel Dan Nature Reserve.
- Take a jeep tour off-road up the Golan Heights and enjoy the beautiful natural scenery while learning about the strategic complexity of the Golan.
- Visit a Druze village for a window into the unique world of the Israeli Druze community.
- Take in the panoramic views from Mt. Bental (overlooking the abandoned Syrian town of Kuneitra) and gain sharp insights into Israel’s security situation on the Golan Heights.
- Option 1:
- Wine Tasting at Pelter winery in the Golan Heights.
- Option 2:
- Enjoy the culinary delight of a chocolate workshop at the De Karina Chocolate Factory.
- Enjoy rafting or kayaking down the Jordan River.
- Return to the hotel, followed by dinner.
- Check out of the hotel.
- Visit the Hula Nature Reserve, home to thousands of storks, cranes, pelicans, and flamingos. Enjoy bike-riding and golf-carting.
- Explore Tsfat, a center of Jewish mysticism for hundreds of years and a contemporary artists’ colony. Your visit will include:
- Guided visit to the Ari, Caro, or Abuhav Synagogues, each with its great stories and mystical messages.
- A stroll through the quaint Artists’ Colony. Shop in the galleries and crafts shops and engage in dialogues with local artisans inspired by the messages of Kabbalah.
- Meet with artist Sheva Chaya in her studio.
- Welcome to Jerusalem. Enter the vibrant and colorful ancient city of Jerusalem and experience the convergence of the old and the new.
- Stop at the Haas Promenade for an overlook of the Old and New City of Jerusalem and to recite the traditional shehechiyanu blessing.
- Check into the hotel.
- Explore the excavations at the City of David, the very core of ancient Jerusalem, view the Gihon Spring, and wade through the 2,700-year-old water tunnel of King Hezekiah. Walk through the recently opened Second Temple-period tunnel under the walls of the Old City, emerging in the Jerusalem Archaeological Park.
- Explore the Western Wall Tunnel.
- Kabbalat Shabbat services at Kehillat Mevasseret in Mevasseret Zion, led by Alona Nir-Keren.
- Home Hospitality Shabbat dinner/communal Shabbat dinner with local congregants.
Festive Shabbat dinner at the hotel.
- Take the cable car to the top of Masada.
- Float into happiness on the Dead Sea where the feeling of weightlessness is great fun.
- Hike in Nahal David, part of the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve.
- Return to Jerusalem.
- J² Salon Talk: A Time to Remember and a Time to Forget. Memory is a key part of Jewish identity. But aren’t some parts of history better left forgotten? We’ll be hearing from a variety of voices - Bob Marley, Yehuda Amihai, Rabbi Nahman, and Elie Wiesel – to talk about the role of remembering and forgetting in Jewish life.
- Meet elderly immigrants at Yad LaKashish (Lifeline for the Elderly).
- Experience the sights, smells, and tastes of Jerusalem while walking through the Mahane Yehuda open-air market.
- Adults and youth over the age of 12:
- Visit the Yad Vashem complex, the Jewish National Memorial to the six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust, including:
- The Avenue of the Righteous.
- The Historical Museum.
- The Children’s Memorial.
- A concluding Memorial Service.
- Children under 12 with an adult:
- Visit Ein Yael, an interactive museum located on a 2,000-year-old archaeological site. Take part in weaving, ceramics, painting, and other crafts typical of life in ancient times.
- Return to the hotel.
- Meet with a leader from IRAC (Religious Action Center) to learn about social justice initiatives in Israel at HUC.
- Take part in an interactive archeological dig geared to all ages at the Beit Guvrin Caves.
- Late Check out of the hotel.
- Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Transfer to the Airport.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 8 nights' accommodations. Late check out on the day of departure is included.
- 9 days of touring with a tour educator (guide), in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 5 dinners.
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- Please use the following information: Citizens Bank: 1 Citizens Drive, Riverside, RI 02915 Routing number: 021313103 (Domestic only) ACH: 036076150 SWIFT Code: CTZIUS33 (International only)
- Beneficiary Instructions: For the benefit of J² Adventures. Account number: 1001858331
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.