J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
Once you have registered for the trip, you can also register for the extension. Click here for details.
- Art & Culture
- Current Affairs
- Street Food
- Local Specialists
- Food & Wine
- Home Hospitality
- Nature Walks
- Depart the USA.
- Check into the hotel.
- Meet your tour educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration.
- Enjoy a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
- Join Professor Reuven Hazan of the Political Science Department at Hebrew University for an in-depth look into Israel's turbulent political scene.
- Walk along the streets of the Old City for a behind-the-scenes look at the various Jerusalem communities:
- Meet with a resident of the Jewish Quarter and discuss daily life as well as their connection to the city.
- Visit Christ Church, the oldest Protestant Church in the Middle East.
- Head to the new Armenian Museum and meet local clergy who will share the story of this community.
- Spend time at Museum on the Seam, located in a historic building that pre-1967 was on the border between Jordan and Israel. Known for its famous overlooks, the socio-political contemporary art museum offers exhibitions that cover controversial decisions.
- Take a private tour of the Knesset and meet with a Knesset member for a conversation on Israel 2023.
- Tour the streets of Bethlehem with Rami Nazzal, a Palestinian journalist for The New York Times and meet with Vera Baboun, a Palestinian politician and the first female mayor of Bethlehem.
- Meet with speaker Eve Harow, a local resident of Gush Etzion, and hear about her experience living in the region.
- Visit the Gush Etzion Visitor Center on Kibbutz Kfar Etzion and hear the stories of brave men and women who fought to defend the Etzion Bloc during Israel's War of Independence.
- Meet with Ali Abu Awwad and Rabbi Hanan Schlesinger/ Rabbi Shaul Judelman from Shorashim (Roots), a program bringing West Bank Palestinians and their Jewish neighbors together despite their fears and suspicions.
- Return to the hotel.
- Dialogue and dinner with journalist-scholar and author Yossi Klein Halevi.
- Depart Jerusalem.
- Spend time at an army base for a dialogue with officers and soldiers.
- Visit ANU - Museum of the Jewish People, which is dedicated to telling the ongoing story of the Jewish people.
- Join an expert on Tel Aviv’s alternative scene for an urban adventure and graffiti tour.
- Tour the Milk & Honey Whisky Distillery, Israel’s only whisky distillery.
- Explore Israel-US relations behind the scenes with a dialogue with former US ambassador Dan Shapiro.
- Dinner and talk with technology journalist Viva Sarah Press about how tiny Israel is playing a giant role in hi-tech world.
- Return to Jerusalem.
- Explore Jewish and Israeli judicial traditions at the Supreme Court building with Members of IRAC and meet former supreme court judge.
- Enjoy a tasting tour at the Mahane Yehuda Shuk, Jerusalem's largest market with over 250 vendors selling everything from fruit and vegetables to specialty foods, and clothing to Judaica.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of a Jerusalem Haredi neighborhood, as you discover one of Jerusalem’s largest religious communities. Guided by an English-speaking guide and local, you will learn about the ultra-Orthodox culture and discover their traditions. Meet with a local rabbi and gain insight into their dilemmas in a changing world.
- Visit Shaar Hanegev, located on Israel’s border with the Gaza Strip.
- Enjoy a wine tasting at a local boutique winery.
- Return to Jerusalem and to the hotel and prepare for Shabbat.
- Take part in Kabbalat Shabbat services at Kehillat Kol Haneshema.
- Enjoy a home hospitality Shabbat dinner with members of the community.
- Take an ATV or Jeep ride in the Judean Hills.
- Explore the stalactites and stalagmites in the Sorek Cave, part of the Avshalom Nature Reserve.
- Mark the end of Shabbat with a communal Havdalah ceremony overlooking the Old City.
- Late checkout of the hotel.
- Reflect on your journey during a festive farewell dinner.
- Transfer on own to Ben Gurion International Airport and check in for your flight.
- Departure flight to the USA, arriving the same day.
RATES & LODGING
Cost of accommodations for pre & post nights including breakfast and all taxes:
-Jerusalem: Inbal $420,- per night per double occupancy room, $400,- per night per single occupancy room.
*All rates are subject to availability. Registration open
What to expect
- 6 nights' accommodations. Late check out on the day of departure is included.
- 7 days of touring with a tour educator (guide) in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 5 dinners.
- Water and snakes on the bus.
- Porterage at the airport & hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected]
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- Please use the following information: Citizens Bank: 1 Citizens Drive, Riverside, RI 02915 Routing number: 021313103 (Domestic only) ACH: 036076150 SWIFT Code: CTZIUS33 (International only)
- Beneficiary Instructions: For the benefit of J² Adventures. Account number: 1001858331
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Please refer to the small print tab on your trip’s webpage or in your proposal for your cancelation policy and fees.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.