J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
IMPORTANT Please register for the post-trip after registering for the main-trip.
*A non-refundable deposit of $250 per person is required in order to complete the registration process.
- Home Hospitality
- Nature Walks
- Local Specialists
- Expert Scholar
- Food & Wine
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Depart the hotel and Marrakech.
- Following the old tribal crossing over the Atlas Mountains that bore the traffic of the old Caravan route, we will continue south on dirt roads to Ait Benhaddou, passing through the beautiful Ounila valley.
- Group lunch en route.
- We will visit some of the Berber family who still live there. One of the most magnificent places of Berber architecture that UNESCO is attempting to preserve. The grandeur of the entire area has attracted many film producers, who have made films here in recent years such as Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator and Babel.
- Continue your journey to Ouarzazate.
- We leave Ouarzazate after visiting the Kasbah of Taourirt, which was formerly the home of the "Lords of the Atlas," to drive across a stunning barren plateau with various film sets and studios where a number of great movies have been shot.
- Check into our hotel.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast and check out.
- We set out for Ouarzazte and head east through the lush Valley du Dades and up the magnificent gorges of the same name. This is the well-known "Valley of Roses," also known as "Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs. The journey continues over semi- desert plains until we arrive at our last destination, the Great Saharan Dunes of Erg Chebbi.
- A remarkable experience awaits us in a private desert camp as we discover and enjoy a fraction of the world's largest desert, which stretches from the Atlantic Ocean eastward via the Red Sea to the Persian Gulf.
- We will ride camels leisurely over the amazing sand dunes to see a spectacular sunset before dinner around a campfire.
- Breakfast at camp, depart camp.
- Drive across the Saharan plains, where nomads herd t heir camels, to the magnificent valley of Todgha, regarded as one of the most picturesque in Morocco's south. This is a lush green oasis that runs down a magnificent deep valley, inhabited all along by a Berber population.
- Take a walk through the breathtaking gorges and stop for group lunch.
- We start our trek along the "Route of a Thousand Kasbahs" in the afternoon. This is a region of earthen strongholds with ornately decorated façades, making this architectural method and style unique to this section of Morocco's south.
- Check-in followed by dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out and make our way back to Marrakech.
- We are planning to arrive around the late afternoon.
- Check into your hotel with a free afternoon.
- Shabbat dinner at the hotel.
- Check out of the hotel and transfer to Marrakech Airport for your return flight to the US.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 4 nights' accommodations.
- 4 days of touring with a tour educator and local guide in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches & 4 dinners.
- Water on the bus.
- All gratuities.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Morocco.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit of $250 per person is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- Please use the following information: Citizens Bank: 1 Citizens Drive, Riverside, RI 02915 Routing number: 021313103 (Domestic only) ACH: 036076150 SWIFT Code: CTZIUS33 (International only)
- Beneficiary Instructions: For the benefit of J² Adventures. Account number: 1001858331
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.