The CCAR and J² are proud to partner together to provide a unique experience for our rabbis to deepen their engagement with Israel and each other. This trip includes opportunities to explore social justice and political issues, discover Israel’s unique food and culture, learn with leading scholars, strengthen relationships with MARAM colleagues and IMPJ congregations, and much more. We look forward to receiving your registration!
We hope you will also consider a donation to the CCAR in support of the 2023 Convention. Your gift will help defray the extraordinary costs of programming in Israel and enable us to offer scholarships to colleagues who cannot afford the full costs of Convention. Click here to learn more. We also encourage your organization or synagogue to consider a corporate sponsorship. Thank you!
Connect with a member of the J² Customer Care Team by calling (888) 230-6008, Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST.
- Social Justice
- Art & Culture
- Expert Scholar
- Pre-Convention Options
- Wine Tasting in the Jerusalem Hills
- Study at the Pardes Institute
- Explore Israel: Hike in the Jerusalem Hills
- Opening Program: Healing Our Broken Discourse, text study and chavruta led by Leon A. Morris, Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies
- Celebratory Opening Dinner at HaAgam in the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens and Welcome by Israeli Dignitaries
- Making Our Mark at the Knesset Led by Rabbi Gilad Kariv and Orly Erez-Likhovski, Director of IRAC, followed by dialogue with Knesset Members
- The Challenge of Living Together: Tracks to Engage with Critical Issues
- Dinner with Colleagues: Free evening
- T’filah Options: Rosh Chodesh Adar - Women of the Wall or Shacharit at HUC-JIR.
- Wrestling with Challenging Texts: Beit Midrash with leading scholars at HUC-JIR
- Poetry, Culture, Food, and Art: Tracks Exploring Israel through a Creative Lens
- Dinner with Colleagues
- Dessert and Beit Cafe: Living in a Complex Reality, Performance and Conversation with the YMCA Youth Choir and Comedian Noam Shuster Eliassi
- Shacharit at the Kotel - Ezrat Yisrael
- Israel Through the Eyes of a MARAM Colleague: Small Group Trips
- All groups arrive in Tel Aviv and check into the hotel
- Reflection Groups
- Dinner with Colleagues: Free evening
- Tel Aviv Tracks: Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Tel Aviv Marathon: Run, Walk, or Cheer to raise money for the IMPJ and scholarships to attend Convention
- Walking Tours: New Perspectives on Tel Aviv
- Learning Options
- Kabbalat Shabbat at IMPJ synagogues, including Shabbat dinner
- Convention Shabbat Service at Beit Daniel, including:
- Installation of CCAR President and Board
- President’s Address
- Honoring 50-year rabbis
- Lunch at Mishkenot Ruth Daniel
- Afternoon Walking Tours: Explore Tel Aviv and Jaffa
- Havdalah Overlooking the Mediterranean
- Dinner with Colleagues: Free evening
- Telling Our Stories - A Multiplicity of Narratives, a visit to the new ANU Museum, including panel discussion, tour, and small group conversations
- CCAR Business Meeting
- Festive Lunch and Closing Session - L’hitraot!
- WRN Conference Add-on: Spend extra time with our WRN colleagues from MARAM and Europe. Our conference begins at the close of the CCAR Convention on February 26th and will go through dinner on the 27th.
What to expect
- 6 nights' accommodations.
- 7 days of touring with a tour educator (guide), 7 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Group arrival transfer & assistance at the airport.
- Group departure transfer & assistance at the airport.
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches & 2 dinners.
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the airport & hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Pre-Convention Options.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Gratuities for tour educator and bus driver.
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Register | To register for the convention please fill out and submit the subsequent registration form in its entirety and submit the payment for the registration fee. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. Upon completion of the registration form and payment of the registration fee, a J² representative will contact you to complete the payment process according to your choice of accommodation.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected]
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 60 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- Please use the following information: Investors Bank 101 JFK Parkway, Short Hills, NJ 07078 ABA Routing Number: 221272031
- Beneficiary Instructions: For the benefit of J² Adventures. Account number: 1001858331
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancellation Policy | All cancellations need to be made in writing. The cancellation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancell your booking.
- Cancellation fees | Cancellations made 60 or more days prior to departure is free of charge. Cancellations made 59 to 31 days prior to departure incur the loss of $250. 30 days before the convention begins - we will do our best to refund all costs except those which we are charged and cannot recoup.
- Individual Hotel Cost cancellation fees: Cost cancellation fees: Up to 60 days before the convention begins - Full Refund; 59-31 days before the convention begins - 50% Refund; 30 days until the convention begins - We will do our best to refund all costs except those which we are charged and cannot recoup. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancellation policies and initial deposits. Please refer to the small print tab on your trip’s webpage or in your proposal for your cancellation policy and fees.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.