J² crafts journeys of inspiration, education, and Jewish connections to Israel and worldwide. We are guided by a simple but powerful concept: No two trips are the same; each experience should be personal, meaningful, and backed by superb service. Travel is not just about the places you visit, but the connections you make along the way.
Coming to Israel today is a special act of solidarity and of Jewish peoplehood. Israel has never faced more challenging times. We hope that your solidarity mission is about encountering and understanding where the people of Israel stand – in our hurt, in our healing, and in our hope. The mission is about bringing comfort and being comforted. It is an act of empathy and a confirmation of shared memory and destiny. Above all, the solidarity mission is about what each one of us chooses to do to make a difference on the day that we return to our communities from Israel.
- Special Access
- Local Specialists
- Social Justice
- Depart for Israel.
- Arrive at Ben-Gurion International Airport.
- Meet your J² Expert Educator who will accompany you throughout your mission.
- Understanding the Context: Looking back to October 7th and towards the future with your tour educator.
- Visit Yozma Congegration in Modiin and meet with the community leadership. What is the role of community and the Reform Movement during the war?
- Volunteer time with Yozma.
- Drive to Jerusalem.
- Enter Jerusalem and stop at the Haas Promenade for a traditional “shehechiyanu” blessing of thanksgiving.
- Check into your hotel.
- Dinner & Discussion with Rabbi Elhanan Miller, founder of People of the Book, an initiative that harnesses the reach of social media to educate a younger generation of Arabs curious about Jewish faith and culture.
- Drive south to the Gaza Envelope.
- Meet with Chen Kotler - a resident of Kibbutz Kfar Aza. Tour the remains of the kibbutz and learn from Chen about the events of October Seventh and their aftermath.
- Visit the site of the Nova Festival massacre near Kibbutz Re'im.
- Continue to Sderot, located on Israel’s border with the Gaza and see reality on the ground.
- Spend time barbecuing and cooking pizzas for soldiers who are currently serving Israel.
- Return to Jerusalem.
- Unpacking and Processing: A time to reflect and share about the day.
- Due to a lack of workers, Israelis now volunteer to work in agriculture. We will spend half the day volunteering and helping harvest fields in the Beit Shemesh area in order to provide fresh produce for the country.
- Spend time with members of ZAKA and learn more about their search-and-rescue efforts.
- Meet with Orly Erez-Likhovski from IRAC (Religious Action Center) to learn about social justice initiatives in Israel in the wake of October 7th.
- Join Professor Reuven Hazan of the Political Science Department at Hebrew University for an explanation into Israel’s turbulent political scene as it unfolds in the shadow of the Israel-Hamas War.
- Drive to Tel Aviv.
- Solidarity is about lending a hand. Devote time to volunteering at one of the many sites where especially today extra hands are needed.
- Visit Sagol Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Research. The Trauma Treatment Center uses a groundbreaking approach to utilize newly developed HBOT protocols that have demonstrated the ability to induce neuroplasticity and repair damaged brain tissue, resulting in significant improvements in PTSD symptoms and quality of life.
- Visit Tel Aviv Art Museum where you will be guided through the Shmini Azeret Exhibition. The exhibition seeks to touch on the edges of the disaster that violated our physical and mental existence on the morning of Saturday, the seventh of October.
- Hostages Square has become a national center for the struggle for the return of the hostage. Meet with activists and families in the square and lend your voice to this crucial struggle. End the visit with a special prayer.
- Farewell dinner and reflection. What have we experienced this week? What are we taking home?
- Return to Jerusalem.
- Check out of the hotel.
- Transfer to Ben Gurion International Airport and check in for your flight.
- Arrive back home.
RATES & LODGING
What to expect
- 3 nights' accommodations.
- 4 days of touring with a J² Expert Educator (guide), 4 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Daily breakfast & 2 dinners.
- The J² adventures App available on the App Store & on Google Play (active 7 days before your departure and throughout your trip).
- Water on the bus.
- Porterage at the hotels.
- All site entrance fees & program fees as per your final program.
- Credit card fees.
- Flights to & from Israel.
- Late check out past 6:00 pm on Feb 22.
- COVID related expenses, including tests.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Peace of Mind Travel Protection Program (POM).
- Please review our terms & conditions (T&C’s) or request that we send you our full T&C’s. Until you do that, here is the small print, and other stuff you may want to know:
- Validity | All prices quoted are based on exchange rates as of the proposal date and are subject to change without notice. Rates are per person and are based on shared twin room occupancy.
- How to Make a Reservation | The quickest way to make a reservation is to register online or contact us by email. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required in order to complete the registration process.
- For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries, please email Customer Care: [email protected].
- Payments | The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card | We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please check with your credit card provider regarding international processing fees. We are unable to process payments of over $1,000 over the phone. Please submit payment online via a credit card or by wiring funds via your bank.
- Domestic bank wire transfer | Payment should be wired in the same currency that is listed on your invoice. Please add the name of your group or invoice number as a reference and forward a copy of the transfer receipt by email. The bank transfer should clearly state the beneficiary’s name on the wire transfer.
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy | All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees | Cancelations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancelations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost. Cancelations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancelation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits.
- Mobility: Solidarity missions are specifically strenuous, and our visits include places that are inaccessible to people who may have mobility challenges. You should be in good health and able to walk reasonable distances, often over unpaved and uneven surfaces. PLEASE NOTE: In some cases you may need to run to a shelter, if you have questions regarding this matter please speak to a J² representative.
- Protect your investment for $495 p/p: Should you cancel your trip up to 5 days before your departure for any reason, our POM program offers you a trip refund. Call 888-230-6008 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Please click here to view our full terms (T&C’s). These T&C’s apply to all reservations created within J2 Adventures.
DISCOVER NEW WORLDS.
A family vacation to Israel. An adventure of a lifetime traveling with friends to Morocco. A trip to Poland or Portugal with your community. What do these trips have in common? No matter where you go, you will come back with a fresh perspective and appreciation of the place you visited as well as a heightened awareness of your identity as part of the global Jewish community.
We have everything you need to know before you go. Check out our Instagram my_j2adventures for cool updates and interesting tidbits.